Saturday, September 30, 2006

Cora's First Race


Two weekends ago, our family got involved in the AMS 5/10K Race. Cora (and Mommy) ran in the 1k kid's race. (Aunt Emily was the event coordinator. It was fabulous, Em!)

When we got home that night, Aunt Em wrote the following story. Cora loves to hear it over and over.

"There once was a little girl named Cora. And she was running her very first race, her little blonde ponytail blowing in the wind. Just when she thought she couldn't go any further, her mom said, "Come on my Cora, you can do it!" Cora looked up the big final hill and saw the finish line; the flags flapping in the breeze and all the people shouting her name and clapping, (Go!) and she decided (Go CORA!) she was going to do it. And she ran so fast. She ran and ran. She crossed the finish line and WON! They put a shiny gold medal with a blue and white ribbon around her neck. Her Dad hugged her and said, "Great Job. Let go get a bagel and some water."

Grandma Wendy, Grandpa Dan, Aunt Abby, Cora (in the stroller) and I proceeded to walk/run a 5k. It was a perfect day and everything was really well organized.

After all that, we came home, tried to recover and then had a double birthday party for Aunt Em and Daddy. Grandma Bernie came too! It was wonderful. I made a mexican themed dinner with Taco soup and Spinach Quesadillas (not in the bag, don't worry!) and then we had cake and ice cream. Good times!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that story too and I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading/hearing it. It was such a beautiful day!

ElisaB said...

Pictures are coming. I had it all set up and then blogger had a malfunction. I'll try again soon.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations on winning a medal in your very first race, Cora!