Sunday, August 10, 2008

Cora's Fairy Party










Cora invited all her friends and their siblings to her kid party. It was a fairy theme, complete with fairy trees and treehouses, a secret garden, fairy food (berry shaped fruit snacks, cashews, craisins, and mini marshmallows all mixed a big bowl) a tinkerbell cupcake birthday cake, and sugarfree Koolaid. Activities included a noisemaker parade, streamer run, glitter war, and bubble station. Present opening was interrupted half way through by a thunderstorm, but otherwise, weather was just right!



Cora had an awesome time and her friends were a joy. I love the satifsied smile in the picture above that was taken right after her party. Again, it makes me joyfully sad to know that she's getting so big. I know that this ia a milestone in her childhood-the birthday before school, and I love her so deeply that there's a sadness for what we've had and yet I can only trust that if life has been this good, it can only get better. These days have been so sweet. I'm grateful that I've been here for each and every one of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, what a fun fairy birthday party. I would have loved a fairy party when I was five! How cute to see the kids dressed up; that Henry is so dashing in his knight clothing and the fairies...precious! I loved the streamers in the trees and the cake. I think adults should have parties like that for their birthdays! Happy 5th Birthday Cora!