Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cora's First Day of School!!!






Cora Elisabeth started school today at the Riverview Elementary School. She was very excited with her new backpack and Little Miss Sunshine Lunchbox. She wore a brand new dress and asked to have her hair put in braids "just like Laura Ingalls." Adam, Henry and I walked with her to school on th ebike trail in front of our house.

She had a bit of nervousness as we entered the building, mostly due to the noise level and chaos of kids getting off the bus and running into the building. Once we arrived at her room though, she saw her teacher, Mrs. Gettimer, and hung up her back pack to ran off to play. Adam, Henry and I had to call her back to us to say goodbye! I think that's a great sign!

I keep praying that her Guardian Angel keeps her safe and happy all day long.






6 comments:

Sarah Fink said...

I've got tears in my eyes :(

What a big day for a wonderful girl!

Anonymous said...

I've got tears in my eyes :(

I can't wait to hear how her first day went. She sure sounded excited last night. From the wonderful pictures, it looks like she is so happy to be starting school. Too bad Mommy and Henry will miss her so much! It was great that Daddy went to work late so the whole family was together to start Cora off on her first day of school.

Anonymous said...

The anonymous comment was from Grandma Jackie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these pics already. She looks so sweet for her big day. And now I'm sure Mom and Henry are trying to adjust to a very different house without Cora.

Anonymous said...

What an exciting day for you, Cora! (And exciting for Mommy, Daddy and Henry too!) You'll have fun learning about math, reading, art and lots of other subjects and you'll enjoy meeting lots of new friends. Have fun Cora!

Mr. L said...

Congrats Cora!