Cora's front-top teeth were getting very loose. Then Beth kicked a beachball at her, which pushed her hand into her teeth and all of a sudden, there was two fewer teeth in her mouth, some blood, and a very stunned mother-daughter pair.
While they were cleaning up, I looked out at the lawn where it happened and didn't find either of the teeth. So now we'll be able to say that part of Cora is at Breezy Point.
Moments before...
While I was searching, I did see a kingbird stop and pick something small and white off the beach, not far from where it happened. I'll just assume it picked up a seashell.
5 comments:
QOTD: "Then Beth kicked a beachball at her.."
This is only funny because she's a fabulous mother. :D
Memories, memories, memories......
Adam swallowed a tooth watching a Star Wars movie at a friends house. He thought it was popcorn.
Did Cora get upset?
Grandma Jackie
I think I see it right there in the grass. You better go back for one more look.
Grandma Jackie
Mom,
1. I believe Jackie Witt and I were watching "Splash," not "Star Wars." I know that it was in her basement.
2. Yes, Cora was quite upset.
3. You definitely can't see it there in the grass... she hadn't lost it yet.
I should add that Cora did get over being upset pretty quickly... there were S'mores to be had at a campfire, immediately following.
Em:
It's also funny because it's a beachball. I'll have the kids tossing around rusty chunks of metal, and it's Beth and a beachball that ends up in lost teeth.
Post a Comment