Thursday, July 01, 2010

A New Era Begins



We bought a minivan yesterday! I'm pretty pumped about it. I love the feeling of having so much space. I didn't intend to necessarily find one I liked, but I've been looking for a while. I also didn't think I'd be able to negotiate myself into it, but we did. I pray that it will be a good one and not a dud. We got more on our trade than KBB predicted and only had to put in a little extra to get it. If it runs relatively smoothly for the next ten months, it will have been a good financial move. We'll see. :D It was very exciting to make that jump without going into debt one bit. I never want a car payment again. Ever. Ever.



As we walked out of the dealership, I said to the kids, "Say goodbye to the old car!" And as we did, I got a little choked up, thinking about all that has happened in our lives with that car. Our Impala was purchased just after Henry was born. It has been a good car for us. I look forward to all the memories we will create in our new vehicle.

1 comment:

gramma wendy said...

Oh! Look how spacious it is, I bet you are loving that!