Henry had his sixth month checkup on Monday. He weighs 21.4 lbs and is 30 inches long. Doctor says he looks great!
Cora's been busy playing outside. Her newest activity is picking apples from the lower tree branches. If there were more apples I think she'd do it for hours.
It seems that she's going through a bit of a clingy stage. I wish I knew how long it would last. I try to be as acoomodating as I can without going overboard.
I think she's finally showing signs of some sibling jealousy as well. Yesterday, I enforced that she must share the baby toys with Henry and told her that she could either share the toys or she could go and be by herself in her room for a while. She chose to go to her room and lay down. A few minutes later, I went in to check on her. She was laying down, pouting, and snuggling with her pink blanket (her main comfort item.) I asked her why she chose to be in her room, and she said "I wanted to be where someone loved me best of all."
Sigh... It's a line from the book Where the Wild Things Are, but MAN, talk about guilt!
3 comments:
What a great line! That's what you get for reading so much to that little smarty pants!
Oh, Beth! That's must've been heartwrenching for you! Ah the pains of growth, huh? Give yourself a hug from me :)
Cute. Sigh. Yet another story that will be told, I imagine, in your family at every get together.
I still like the fairies drinking tea in the middle of the night story better though.
"What! What?"
That makes me laugh out loud everytime I think of it.
Post a Comment