Friday, November 17, 2006

Walking Henry & Cora's Christmas Letter



Henry's walking all over the place. At most he walks about 6-8 steps before landing flat on his butt with a large thud sound. He doesn't know how to stand up yet without assistance, but I'm sure it's coming soon. He loves to walk. He laughs and giggles and gets a huge smile on his face that seems to say, "I've been watching this for so long, and check it out!!! I got it!"

I have also noticed an increase in his understanding and vocabulary. He's started saying "Ma" and "Da" when he's not crying. I love it! He also says "boom" and "oooh" and bbbbbbbbb (car noise) and ba for bottle and ball. He giggles around doggies and says "ooooooooh" and when Daddy comes home from work at night, Henry and Cora look out the window as Henry waves furiously and yells, "AH! AAAH!" It's fun to hear. He laughs really hard as he waits for Daddy to get up to the door.

Cora and I worked on her Christmas letter to Santa today. I told her that we could leave it in the fireplace and an elf would pick it up tonight while we were sleeping. Cora was pretty excited about the fact that the elf was going to come get the letter. I told her that we can submit our letters the week before Thanksgiving but we can only do one. I also told her that Santa only brings one or two presents and fills her stocking, so that she can ask for anything she wants, but she won't get everything. "Ok, Mom," she said with a gleam in her eye. In her letter, a very polite letter, I might add, she asked for chocolate, and an Ariel doll, and a tree that turns into a princess, the sky and some clouds for the sky, a Snow White doll, three mugs for her daughters (Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle) and a king and a queen to watch her daughters when she's gone to a place. I told her I thought it was a very good letter. We put the letter in an envelope, addressed it to Santa Claus, North Pole, and placed it in the fire place for the elf.

She asked if we should leave him some cookies. I said that only Santa gets cookies at Christmas time, but it was a good idea.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that middle picture of Henry. hehehe

Anonymous said...

Oh! He walks! Henry does everything with such ZEST for life, I can't wait to see him walking!

I loved Cora's letter. Hmmm, where would one find a king and queen doll I wonder?

Melissa said...

Oh, Cora...the sky is already yours! :)

Thanks for sharing.