We left St.Cloud (where we dropped off Henry) and just made the 11:00 am showing of "Under the Sea 3-D" at the MN Zoo Imax. The only showings were then and 12:05 pm, because they were showing the Watchmen the rest of the day.
From there, we went to lunch at Subway and then back home, where we got ready for our evening. Cora wanted a fancy dinner, so I put on a nice shirt. "Should I wear a tie? Which one? Do you like it with this suitcoat?" So, basically, she chose my outfit, and hers:
Then, because it wasn't that late, we went to the Como Zoo. Only we got there about 4:15, and it closed at 4:00. We just walked around some. I kept using our new camera.
Finally, it was off to dinner at Olive Garden. While we waited, we took pictures of each other:
Cora got fettucine alfredo... I talked her out of spaghetti and meatballs to save her dress, and we got a molten chocolate cake with fresh strawberries. We did get a little bit of chocolate on her dress (dang!).
Our waiter, Danny took the picture of both of us. (As an aside, I never need to go back to that restaurant. Their salad is tasty, but my entree - stuffed chicken marsala - tasted primarily of salt and pepper. It was done well, but I think the garlic potatoes came out of the "Idahoan" box. Cora loves it though, so we'll probably go there more. From now on, I'll just get the cheapest thing on the menu.)
Somewhere along the road, we were listening to my iPod, and Bob Marley came up for like the fifth time of the day, and I tried to explain some of the lyrics and it became a long discussion about the diversity of faiths, and also Rastafarians' grooming habits. So if she says something like Bob Marley is Jewish or something, that's where it came from.
4 comments:
What a fun day for father and daughter. Cora is so grown up. I love how she dressed you up!
Mom/Grandma Jackie
What great pics! Cora looks simply stunning and her Dad looks pretty good too! Bob Marley thing duly noted. ;)
AH! Adorable!
ahaaa! I always had a feeling Bob Marley was Jewish. Thanks Cora!
-Steve
Post a Comment