Monday, May 08, 2006

An ordinary day















My sweet babies. Sigh.... Life is good. Henry's growing more and more, as you can see. Cora's changing too. We've started to really learn about the alphabet. We take a letter each day (Letter of the Day) and learn what it sounds like, what it looks like, words that start with it, and then we read a book and pick out the letter. It's been fun to watch her get interested in learning.

Cora's also starting to grow her bangs out to part her hair on the side. (That's why she's wearing the barrette. )

I had to tell Cora the the truth about fairies. She had been up twice in one night, eyes wide and open, tiptoeing about the house looking for them. "Mom, I want to see the fairies!" she said.

So, I told her the next morning that I had just told her a story.

"Fairies live in gardens and in trees. They don't live in the house or really even like to come in because they're scared by people. I just pretended the fairies would use your tea set sweetie."

"Oh. Ok Mom!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Cora's little arms in that picture! I have some new books I can't wait to read to her when she gets here. One called "No more diapers for ducky!".

Henry looks a lot like his daddy in that picture. I can't wait to squeeze him!