Friday, October 06, 2006

Oh how they love to play!


The kids are finally getting to play together! They have a few favorite games. The Crawling Game- Henry crawls after Cora, squealing with delight as Cora crawls away, calling his name.

Hide and seek- Cora runs from one room to another, calling "HENRY, Come FIND ME!"

"Where's Cora? GO WAKE UP CORA!"- This is the game where Cora's still sleeping when her naptime is coming to an end, and I ask Henry to go wake her up. He crawls from the living room into her bedroom and then pulls himself up to standing next to her bed. He says "Ooooh. OOOH!" until her eyes snap open she tries to pull the covers over her head.

Then yesterday there was the new "Rip the Paper" game. I had a magazine that I was finished with and so I gave to the kids to rip up. They sat in the living room and tore sheet after sheet out-spreading sheets across the entire floor. I was getting ready for Alpha and was standing in teh bathroom when I hear Cora giggling. I peaked around the corner, and there was Henry with a sheet on his head with a big smile on his face. Cora giggled hysterically as she said, "Do you like his hat, Mom?" Each time it started to fall off, she'd catch it, laugh and put it back up. Henry was a really good sport.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would like to see them playing "Rip the paper" the most! The way you wrote it, I can just see Henry's sweet smile!

Anonymous said...

Beth, this is a great story. I can't wait until my two can play those games. How sweet.