Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

What a weekend!

We drove up to Glenwood for Christmas this year on Friday evening- arriving at 7:30. Saturday was a full day with last minute shopping, ice fishing for Cora, Grandpa Dan, and Adam. Henry developed a spotty rash that we noticed at bathtime. Sunday morning meant church in the morning for Mommy, Grandpa Dan and Grandma Wendy. We intended to go to the 4:00 children's mass, but Henry's rash got worse and we ended up taking him to the hospital on the doctor's recomendations to be tested for strep (I think I had it last week... long story.) Anyway, he didn't have strep, just a viral infection that needed no perscription, and missed church. We returned home in time for dinner with guests Great Uncle Dave and my cousin Stephen and Great Grandma Millie. Mom made her fabulous, traditional wild rice soup and cucumber sandwiches. Then as Cora and Henry twirled around and got tuckered out, the grown ups sat talking in the living room. Then, it was time for bed for the litle ones. Santa was on his way!

When we woke in the morning, the stuckings were stuffed and there were presents under the tree. It was a wonderful Christmas morning. I think I will always remember Cora waking up at 6:30 and excitedly whispering, "Merry Christmas, Mommy!" "Merry Christmas, Cora," I said. "Feliz Navidad, Mommy.... that means Merry Christmas in Spanish!" "Feliz Navidad, Cora."

Cora got to wake Henry up and tell him that it was Christmas morning. She walked on her tiptoes into his dark room and said in her quiet voice, "Merry Christmas, Baby! It's Christmas!" He stood up in the playpen where he was sleeping and said, "Oh!"

They opened presents like professionals. Cora's favorite was a toss up between a Snow White Doll and Ariel and Prince Eric dolls. Henry's favorite was a toy vacuum that made vacuum noises. He pushes it around saying "BBBBBbbbbbbb!"

My sisters, Adam, and I made Christmas dinner for 1:30. Artichoke soup, a fresh salad, and Shrimp Scampi on a bed of Spagetti Squash and parmesan green beans. It was really tasty. After dinner, there was a quick jaunt in the fresh air for some and a snooze on the couch for others. Adam and Emily returned to the cities, while the kids and I stayed overnight one more night. We returned today.

All in all it was a wonderful Christmas with many good laughs and much fun. God has blessed us with happiness and peace. May He bless you too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. Let's get together soon--it's been too long again!

And I love the blog's new look for the new year!

Anonymous said...

Your new blog is great! I'll be visiting soon. Cannot wait to see Henry and Cora! Love, Marilyn