Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Henry's Birthday- Mom and Dad Style





Though I had originally planned to intentionally not have a big shin dig, I woke up on Henry's birthday, with tears in my eyes and sniffling, "My baby is one! I have to have a party!" SNIFF.

So, off to Target we went.

We were going to have playgroup at our house that day anyway, so I bought some cute little Curious George cupcakes, balloons, party hats, and some noise makers. (Cora helped pick things out.) I also had Cora pick out a present for her baby Brother (she selected a Speak and Spell Elmo- man she knows how to select gifts!) I also got Henry an Elmo Tub toy.

During Henry's nap, Cora and wrapped the extra presents, poked at the package of cupcakes, set out the party decorations for the party with our friends at playgroup time. Our play group friends arrived at 3:00. Cora greeted everyone and welcomed them to the party. (She was such a cute and gracious little hostess!)

We tried to put party hats on the little ones, but they would have none of it. We sang Happy Birthday to Henry and ate cupcakes. Then the kids played as the moms rested. It was perfect!

Then when Adam got home from work, we bundled the kids up, and drove off to Culvers. Henry had his very first taste of ice cream (he wasn't very impressed.) When we got back to the house, Henry opened his presents and the night came to an end. All in all, it was a great way to celebrate the birth of my sweet boy.

Life has changed so much in the last year, and as he begins to walk and talk I am excited to see what this year will bring. I pray that he will grow strong and wise and that he will walk always with God.

No comments: