Friday, May 04, 2007

Cora's Secret Garden

There is a little section of my yard that I have always thought was magical. Ever since I was a child and I'd visit my grandparents who lived here, I thought that it seemed to be the spot in the yard where wonderful mysterious things could happen. When I bought the house for myself, I kept my eye on that spot, always wanting to make it into my own "Secret Garden" like Mary had in "The Secret Garden" book. Well, finally, it's been created for my dear Cora-belle.
We moved her little play house onto a piece of plywood so she'd have a wood floor in her house and it was large enough to give her a patio off the side to sit on. We planted cherry tomatoes (a gift from our dear neighbor, Barb) cucumbers, wild flowers, hollyhocks and zinnia seeds. We also put in marigolds, snapdragons and a geranium. We put in impatiens in the shady spot next to her patio under the plum tree. A windchime hangs above the patio in the tree. It's a wonderful place.

I'm so excited about how enchanted she is with it too. Although I have to admit that I wish I were a few feet shorter so I could experience it too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Cora belle! Now she can water to her hearts content. I'm sure Henry is longing to help out. Maybe there's room in the Secret Garden for Mama to have a bench to read on?