Thursday, September 20, 2007

Twins Game

As scheduling kept us from attending one of the Twins morning games this year, I selected a Friday night game, realizing she'd be up late and that we'd have to leave early. This was Cora's fourth game. I took her twice when she was 2, once last year, and now once that she's 4. I'll try to get Henry to a game next year. A night game definitely wouldn't have worked.

My plan was to get there early so we could watch batting practice and eat dinner there. Right before we were going to buy tickets, someone handed us two (they had extras for their party), but we still sat in the cheap seats I wanted to. I thought first row in center field upper deck would be pretty impressive for a kid.


Cora excited before the Twins Game. She wears a Cubs cap for four reasons: 1. The "C" is for "Cora." 2. Her first favorite player was Jacque Jones, who now plays for the Cubs. 3. Pink is her favotire color. 4. It cost me $4 at Target.

Riding the Light Rail to the Game. (We parked downtown, but Cora loves the train, so we parked a ways away.)

Cora had a hard time posing for photos because TC Bear was on the Jumbotron behind us a lot. Also, first row in the outfield IS impressive to a four year-old.

Justin Morneau hit a homerun!

" Run Michael Cuddyer!"

And we got these nifty Blaze Orange caps.

I think Cora ate about 1 gallon of popcorn out of a 5 quart bucket.

The Twins played the Tigers, who Cora said is her second favorite team. First, she's seen them play before. She likes Tigers rigtfielder Magglio Ordonez, who she thinks looks like Alice the Fairy from the book "Alice the Fairy." And, she likes the song "We Tigers" by Animal Collective.

The Twins lost and she didn't get to see Matt Guerrier (her favorite player) pitch. We left after the Twins had lost the lead and we didn't get home until about 9:45 (almost 2 hours after bedtime!). And then the next morning she had her race!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome. She's really a cutie, A.

Anonymous said...

Love the expressions on your faces. That looks like such a good time for BOTH of you! I'm tempted to look up Magglio on the internet right now after reading why Cora likes him!