Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Lucy Bernadine is Crawling!

Oh dear... In my amazingly busy days I've made no notes on the blog... I've been just flying as fast as I can. I'll do what I can and start today. How about that?

Here's some of today's highlights:

Henry had his second day of camp at the Coon Rapids Dam. He's doing Pollywog and Rippling river camp just like Cora did last year. It's a 4 day camp from 9-3. He's having a great time catching crayfish, frogs, and tadpoles, getting muddy, etc. I've been impressed with how he's prepared himself each day, making his own lunches and snacks, making sure he's got Foxy (his stuffed toy fox) and his change of clothes and water shoes.

 Today, the girls and I came back home and I let them try on the jewelery in my jewelery box. Alice enjoyed the blue rocks and Cora put my earings on over the top of ears and observed that she looked a little like an elf. So sweet. After that, we went to the kitchen and made banana bread. Alice learned a lot about taking turns and sharing the big spoon. Sigh... that's code for a fair share of temper tantrums. But we got it in the oven in time to wake up Lulu for her 11 o'clock bottle.

While I fed Lucy and Alice ate her lunch on the deck, Cora went out for her second day managing her Lemonade Stand. She's been selling lemonade by the glass for $.25. She gave up after 20 minutes today... mostly because she spent all her enthusiasm yesterday. You know how lemonade stands can go!













Well, in between the ins and outs from Lunch to the lemonade stand, I laid Lulu on the floor to give her a chance for a "roll about." That little missy got up on all floors and began to use her forward propulsion to practice serious crawling. She just started moving with direction and intensity in the last few days. I can officially saw that she is Crawling today. Incredible. The baby is a few days shy of six months! Incredible, I say!

 Now we're getting ready for dinner and everybody's hot and crabby. Hooray! Daddy will be here any minute to save the day!

 Peace and good, Beth

1 comment:

Gramma Wendy said...

Beautiful. Love the beautiful dress on Alice, the way she looks into the camera, Daddy watching behind her, Lucy's little arms pushing, Mama's loving voice.My heart hurts watching these.