Today was one of those great days. When we woke up the snow was beginning to fall. We had decided we wanted to get some new shoes for Adam and boots for the kids and as Grandpa Dan had warned us there'd be a lot of snow, we went out early.
Adam took the kids to Payless and I stopped at Michael's to find all kinds of great Christmas decorations. I felt such a Christmas spirit, I had a huge smile on my face as I walked through the store finding great deals on things I've wanted to get for my little house for years. (Our "bungalow" as Cora has started calling it. She got the word from the Uncle Wiggly stories. Uncle Wiggly lives in a "hollow stump bungalow." It really does feel like a bungalow too.)
When I caught up with the kids, the snow was really coming down and we stopped at Cub Foods to get some Hot Cocoa. I promised Cora that she could have some when there was snow on the ground... had to do it.
When we got home, the snow was falling fast and things were a little slick. So we stayed inside the rest of the day. It was so cozy and wonderful. We had such fun as a family. At about 4:00 after naptime we all bundled up and went out to shovel. The snow was deep and wonderful. What fun we had. We each had a shovel, and the kids helped. There were snow angels and snow balls. We were out there for a long time. Then we came in for Hot Cocoa. Sigh... I love our family.
1 comment:
What fun! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment