Friday, December 14, 2007

"The Nutcracker" Macy's Display






Adam and I took a few hours to bring the kids to the Macy's Nutcracker Holiday display. It's become a bit of a tradition. We got there right when it opened so it was perfect! We had all the time we wanted to walk through and see everything.

Cora and Henry's eyes were wide, taking it all in. It was quite well done, I must say.






We stopped in to visit Santa (there was a very short line.) I must admit that Santa didn't meet expecations. He was far too interested in getting a good picture. He forgot to say Ho Ho Ho and he barely asked Cora what she wanted for Christmas. When she told him she wanted chocolate, he said "It's Christmas, not Easter." It reminded me of a scene from a Christmas story. "HO HO HO!" Henry of course wanted nothing to do with this Santa.

On the drive home Cora asked me if that was someone pretending to be Santa. His behavior was so obvious to her that I had to admit he wasn't the real Santa. I had to explain that a lot of people help Santa and those pretend Santas relay the message to the real Santa. I told her that you never really know though, because sometimes the real Santa could be there. You can feel it in your heart when it's really him. That's what I believe. I will never forget that magical year when I met the real Santa.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness! So many updates since I last checked. It seems like you're all having a wonderful early winter! Hopefully we can find some time during my semester break to get together - it's been way too long!

Anonymous said...

I can just see Cora's wise little face observing and taking notes on the "Santa"! You have to be on your toes around Cora and Henry. They're So smart!
*disclaimer* I do realize I am Gramma and may be a bit partial.