Thursday, December 08, 2005

Henry Peter Roesch

(Adam Writes:)
So, this morning at 7:15 Grandma Wendy, Beth and I left for the Hospital. Cora stayed behind with Emily and Grandpa Dan. We got Beth checked in and everything squared away, and there was a slight delay due to other c-sections, but Grandma Jackie and Grandpa Tom came at about 9:30 so time went faster talking with with them.

Wendy & I got into the delivery room at 11:00 am. Doctors and Nurses moving about, and Beth and I just waiting for him to be born.



And then he was born! 11:18 am. I took him to get his cleaned up, and brought him back to meet his mommy. He still hadn't opened his eyes.



I went with him to the nursery and Beth went to recovery. He was big! 8 lbs, 11 oz, 21 in. He doesn't have much hair, and I think he looks a lot like his sister did. I helped the nurses get all his vitals and Wendy called for Cora, Em, and Dan to leave our house, but they were already in the waiting room. I took him to get his first bath and then to our room with my son, but Beth was still in recovery. She didn't get up there until 1:30, which gave me time to take a few close-ups.


Beth finally made it up, and we finalized on the name.

Henry Peter Roesch.

Peterson is Beth's Maiden name.

Then I came to the waiting room to get Cora. We introduced them. She got to hold him. Then we got the grandparents and Aunt, introduced him to all, called great-grandparents and the other Aunts, and just visited.

Cora was so nice to him. She liked to kiss and hug him, even when he was eating.



Then Cora and I went to get Ice Cream and came home. She didn't have a nap today, so I think it's bed time.

Beth and Henry are at Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park and should be there through late Sunday or into Monday.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Beth and Adam on the birth of Henry! He's a cutie! We look forward to meeting him someday soon.

Zoey L. said...

Yeah Roesch Family!

Congrats on the birth of Henry. Judy, Zoey and I are looking forward to meeting him.

Anonymous said...

Wow...congratulations! We are so happy to welcome Henry into the family! We wish all of you the very best! God bless!

Much love,
Kris, Steve and Kyle Galvin

Anonymous said...

What a wonder, the birth of a boy during the Christmas season. A gift from God beyond any earthly gift that could be given. You are truly blessed!

Congratulations Beth and Adam!

Bill & Margaret Pavlik

Anonymous said...

Henry is the name that we had chosen if Chrissy had been a boy! I love it because it's old fashioned enough to be cute again. Also, it's Bernie's father and his grandfather's name (Henry and Heinrich).

Looking forward to squishing him with love and sobbing all over him! Yeah! Praise the Lord! You're here for all of us to gush over!

Endless love for all of you,

Laurel K. (and Bernie)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations to both of you! We're so happy for your family. Thank you for sharing the pics and also Cora's pics too, she's big now! Hope to see you guys soon. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Huge congratulations to all of you Roeschs on the newest member of your family! I'm so excited to meet baby Henry. The pictures are great. See you soon...!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Beth,Adam and Cora on the birth of Henry Peter!!!
He is quite a bundle. Can't wait to meet him-maybe in February on the fifth for his baptism. We all send our love from California Way. Jim and Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Hi A, B & C,

Congratulations on the birth of HENRY! I can't wait to meet the bundle of love. Cora will be such a great big sister!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby. I'm looking forward to meeting him in person some day.