Thursday, May 13, 2010

"2nd Best Mom in the World"

Cora gave me a 2nd place ribbon today and told me that I'm the second best Mom in the world.
I, of course said, "What!!! I'm the only mom you've got and I get SECOND PLACE????!!!"
"Well, Mom," Cora said gently, yet matter-of-factly, "Mary get's first."
"Oh," I said, being put in my place, "Well, I suppose if she's in the contest, second place is all right with me."

3 comments:

mom said...

What a sweet thing to hear! Be sure to write it in that little book you have of cute kid stuff.

EmilyBlanche said...

love it. Adorable.

Jackie said...

When Sarah was little I asked her who the best mom was, expecting she would say me. She said "Lynn Heuchert" I hope she was thinking that I didn't want her to include me. It has always been fun to joke about that.