Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Fancy Snack

Today's home school snack went along with our book about garden vegetables.





First I gave Cora and Henry a small bowl of spinach. They were a tad bit dismayed. "Spinach?" Cora said, trying not to whine.
"Yup."
"Huh." And they both looked at it and began to pick at it. Henry was more disappointed then Cora.
Then I picked up the snack time book, From the Garden and began to read.

As I read, I pulled the different vegetables out of the fridge and set them on the table. By the end, they had a carrot, tomato, cucumber, onion, green pepper, strawberries! Then we cut, peeled, and ate things to go with their spinach. They really got a kick out of it and learned a little more about their veggies. (They didn't want the onion... Henry unpeeled the dry top layer though...)


Also, Cora found four leaf clovers in our front yard today. She kept shouting as she found them, "I'm lucky!" "Mommy's Lucky!" "Henry's Lucky!" "Alice's lucky!" Henry went out to help too.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

How many four leaf clovers did Cora find?

ElisaB said...

She found quite a few... I'm not sure exactly how many.

Jackie said...

Cora was also good at spotting morel mushrooms.