

We were in Glenwood this year for Thankgiving. We had a wonderful time at Grandma and Grandpa Peterson's house. Grandma went all out with dinner and it was amazing. Almost too amazing in fact. I ate so much I don't think I recovered fully until a few days later, but OOOOHHH was it ever tasty! Stuffing, sweet potatoes with nuts, a delicious mandarin cranberry sauce, buns, champagne salad, turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, corn. After a few hours, there was peach cobbler with ice cream, and pumpkin and apple pies. Oh OH OH!!! So full just thinking about it! My Uncle Jeff and Aunt Linda also joined the Peterson clan for dinner and it was great to see them and my cousins Corey and Jesse. They've changed so much since I saw them last time!
On Friday, it had snowed during the night and it was just gorgeous! There was probably a half foot of snow and it was great to snuggle in and stay warm. (Except for poor Grandpa Dan... his business with MN DOT during winter is safety and snow removal.)
On Saturday, we decorated the house for Christmas and Cora helped a lot. It was out of the ordinary for the Peterson's to decorate so early, but because we might not be able to get back up there for Christmas when Baby Boy comes, Cora got to see all the Christmas decorations. Especially Grandma's Angel Collection.
Saturday afternoon we celebrated Grandpa Dan's birthday by eating out at the Grand Buffet in Glenwood and then returning home to the German Chocolate Cake that Aunt Abby had made. Happy 51st Birthday, Grandpa Dan!!!
1 comment:
Whew! I'm tired reading all we did. But it was so much fun!
Glad you got home safe and sound, it's raining ice here in Glenwood today. Everything is closing early and Grampa will probably be working late tonight. Stay home and be safe today.
Post a Comment