At school today, I got to teach Cora the concept of the greater/than less than sign. I don't remember learning that until fourth grade... I could be wrong. But I finally grasped which one was which. I remember sitting in Mr. Meisner's fourth grade class trying to correct my neighbor's math paper with Meisner calling out"Five, Greater than; six, less than; 7 greater than; 8 greater than," and getting entirely lost. Now I get it.
Henry and Cora were playing so nicely today after school was over. I got to sit in my blue and white chair in the living room and read while they played and played without a single squirmish in their room. I let them stay up past the usual rest time cue because of it. When I finally went in to tell them it was rest time, Cora flashed me a bright eyed smile and said, "Mom, we're having so much fun!"
"Yeah Mom," Henry said. THey both turned back to each other and continued to talk details about Puppy's party. Sigh.. a good day.
Adam and I have been enjoying parts of the Olympics together. Parts because he stays up far later than I do to watch it. It surprises me that he watches so much skating... it surprises me that I'm willing to watch so much skating and curling. I guess I just enjoy being with him mostly.
2 comments:
Love the little feet! You'll have to take another pic like that in about 12 months with three pairs of feet.
Didn't you have Braxton Hicks with Cora?
I love your coinage...
"Squirmish"
-Adam
Post a Comment