Monday, April 12, 2010

Cora and Henry's Art Project

Today while I put Alice down for her first morning nap, the kids brought out the construction paper, scissors, and masking tape and began to create their inventions.

Henry made a jet pack- which I asked if it had stealth mode and if he could put it in stealth mode during Alice's nap time. He said that it did have it and that he would.






Cora made skates and a kite. I asked if her skates were "new ball-bearin skates" like Jane's from the story The Middle Moffat (we're still reading the literature despite the maternity leave.) She said that was exactly what had inspired her.



Alice has been growing like crazy and seems to have a little cold like the rest of us. It's a runny nose, headache and cough. We've had much fun with the aspirator and saline. The sleep training is helping to calm her through her illness though and I'm glad I started when I did.

2 comments:

mom said...

Those kids are so creative with the construction paper. It's like the whole world opens up to them when they start cutting on it! They made me a marvelous fish salad when I was there, with freshly caught construction paper fish and fresh construction paper veggies. YUM!
I hope Alice isn't getting hit too hard with the cold, that video of her hospital pics is so precious. Thanks for sharing it!

EmilyBlanche said...

They look like grown ups!