Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter!

"He's Alive!
He's Alive!
He's Alive and I'm Forgiven!
Heaven's Gates Are Open Wide!
He's Alive!"


We woke up bright and early this morning to discover the Easter baskets that the Easter Bunny had left us. The kids hunted high and low and found a basket for each of us. There were also filled plastic eggs hidden all about the living room, up high and down low- in shoes and above the curtains...




After a more healthy breakfast of strawberry/blueberry oatmeal (bacon for me) we began the long process of getting dressed for church.

First, Alice:


Then Henry:



Then Cora:





By 10:25 we were piled in the car and off to SVDP. Luckily we were there early. We were able to get the last row in the crying room... the literal back of the church. But it was a beautiful Mass- the first I've been to in weeks. I love it there. The kids were very well behaved and I must say we had such a handsome family! At one point I looked down and had Cora on my left, Alice in my arms and Henry on my right. I looked at Adam and I just grinned from ear to ear. It felt so good to be all together.




I'll post more in a little while, but I can hear rumblings upstairs... I'll post more over the next few days to recap all that's happened! Baby steps!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you for posting your pics. You all look so good! I love the little man in his vest and tie and Cora and Alice look so lovely. Glad you made it to Easter Mass, that's quite a challenge, you should feel very proud of yourselves!

Jackie said...

Was hoping we'd see you today but the pictures are the next best thing. All three kids look so cute! Alice is an absolute doll in her Easter dress.
Grandma Jackie