The kids went with their favorite teen babysitter, Betsy, to her senior psychology class today. The students wanted to observe children at different stations. I thought it'd also be a great field trip for Cora and Henry to see a large (VERY LARGE) highschool.
They got to ride in Betsy's minivan, attend choir for first period, psych for second, and English for third. Then they ate lunch in the cafeteria and I picked them up after.
When they got in the car, they reported that second class was the best (the other two were "boring.") There were many stations and lots of other kids in the psychology class. Cora said that they tried to trick her with a water test, asking which cup was more full, but she wasn't fooled. Henry said, "Me NEITHER!"
They enjoyed the snacks the school provided and thought that the cafeteria was very, very loud, with it's "100 million thousand people" in it. Cora said you could shout in there and it just sounded like normal talking.
Alice and I, on the other hand, had an extremely quiet morning at home. So much so, that Alice had trouble settling into her first nap. So did I because of it... I had hoped to nap too, but you take what you get when you can. I decided to write some poetry/songs instead.
1 comment:
Alice looks like she's asking "Where is everyone Mom? Why so quiet?"
Post a Comment