Friday, March 19, 2010

And So it Begins...

Today the events of Baby Girl's birth begin. My sisters are coming this afternoon to spend time with us, my mother is coming this evening. I'm doing last minute things, packing my suitcase, paying bills, dropping off books and movies at the Library... It feels good to do actual, final things to get ready now. I am so at peace right now... yesterday, no, I thought I was going to throw up from nervousness. I couldn't get my brain to just stop spinning.

My dad is sick and isn't going to be able to come tonight as we'd planned. I still hope for a miracle that tomorrow he'll be able to be there to meet his new granddaughter with all of us, but if not, I accept it. It is so important to me that he be there, but I don't want to endanger baby girl or myself. After feeling my sadness, I accept that it is what needs to be done. I'll miss you though Daddy... get well soon. I also couldn't find my surgery info, had the floor estimate guy here, blah blah blah... too much it was too much.

But, last night in the car on my way home, I turned off the radio to take time to just be quiet and be still with God. And I heard "Be at peace. Everything is going to be fine. Peace. Peace. Peace." And a peace so deep, ran like water down into my heart. I felt the peace I haven't felt in weeks. It's the peace I prayed for, a peace, surpassing understanding. And I am so grateful.

Tomorrow morning, Adam, my mom and I plan to rise around 5:30. We'll be in the car headed to the hospital by 6:30 with checkin at Methodist at 7. Surgery is scheduled for 9 am. If all goes well, we'll be able to post pictures and a name by tomorrow evening.

I'll be off the computer for a while as I'm not allowed to go up or down stairs after a c-section for 2 weeks. BUt I will keep a journal in my notebook to be able to put thoughts and experiences into the blog when I return. Maybe Adam will be open to posting them for me... we'll see. He's taking over the whole house while I'm away so he'll have plenty to occupy his time.

Please pray for us; me, Adam, baby girl, Cora and Henry. Please pray for my Dad and the rest of our family who can't be present on this joyful day, who'd planned to be there. Please pray for all those members of our family who live far away but join us in spirit. I pray for you. God bless.

1 comment:

kg said...

Blessings to all of you, too!
-Kris