Thursday, March 11, 2010

Last trip to St. George's?

In an effort to get prepared for my stay in the hospital, I went on a book "retreat" mission at my favorite bookstore, St. George's. I picked up many exciting things. One is Into the Heart a DVD study on John Paul II's Theology of the Body (SOOOOO EXCITED for this!) and an easier read for in the hospital and afterwards, Holiness for Housewives. Seeing as I will plunge back into the daily grind of extremely small childcare, it had some cool things that caught my eye.

"How to find God amid the dishes, the diapers and the dirty laundry...."
"Learn the two ways to pray and work" (There are two? I thought it was mostly, the "oh help me!" variety.) "The first says: "The next hour or two is going to be perfectly vile. I pray, Lord, that I may keep my head and that You may be praised by what I do. I shall not be able to think of You, but You won't mind that.' The other says: 'If this morning is going to be of any use to God it must be spent in a way that shows tha tI accept every moment of it as coming from His hand. It is not so much that I must sanctify it as that I must let it sanctify me. It may or may not mean tha tI shall be able to remain conscious of the presence of God-probably not- but it should mean that I spend the time more for Him than for myself or for anyone else.' Of the two, the second seems to be the more satisfactory."

No comments: