Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I AM a Princess!





Godfather Eric visited tonight with Great Aunt Ellen, Great Uncle Mike, and Great Grandma Nita. Their arms were full of home grown pumpkins and gourds, a homemade apple pie, and a birthday present for Corabean.

After the pie had been devoured and some coffee shared, Cora opened her gift. It was the best present you could give a two year old dreamer! A princess' tiara, wand and dress, butterfly wings and headband and a duck book!

Cora and I took the dress to her bedroom to help her get dressed up. As I helped her into her dress, I saw her little eyes light up. It was a little too small, but she loved it instantly. She put her arms out at her sides, fluffed it a few times and began to twirl, saying, "I'm a PRINCESS!" She went out of the room and proceeded to dance for the next hour, all tiptoes and twirls. She was radiant! I've never seen her like that. All of us just watched her run gleefully around the house. She was beautiful.

Thanks, Godfather Eric!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Cora! How beautiful you are! What a lovely present Eric brought you. And apple pie too. Sounds like heaven. Can't wait to see you sweet girl.

love you much,
Gramma Wendy

Anonymous said...

Cora -

It was so wonderful to see you last night. You are such a beautiful princess!

Love,
Godfather Eric