Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A joyous homecoming



Today, the postal lady brought a battered and beaten box up to my door and my heart leapt with joy. Henry, the bear I thought was doomed to be lost forever at sea has returned! It appears that he has travelled to Europe and back, making stops in New Jersey and New York as well as Lincoln, England where Aunt Abby lived for six months.

As I said in my letter to Abby, on February 28th 2005, "Henry and I had a long talk. As much fun as he's had sitting on the top shelf of my closet... he really wants to be with you while you are so far away. I told him yes, it's always good to travel to new places and see our loved ones, so here he is. Keep him safe and bring him back in one piece."

After packing him up in the box and shipping him off with the USPS, no one ever saw him again. We had given up hope of his ever returning, but PRAISE GOD, he's home safe and sound.

AND... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADAM!! You're 28 today! We love you so much. You're a wonderful husband and father. Hope this day is a special one for you! You bless us everyday with your kindness and your sweet nature. All of us rejoice on this day because you were born. I thank God for you.

No comments: